Sunday, April 26, 2009

Story update

So, I finished my "Broken Mirror Story," with a couple of days to spare. I've spoken to a couple of other writers lately, and they're so productive, they could easily write another BMSE tale before April 30th.

Maybe I should too.

But regardless, I accomplished what I set out to do, and the tale ended up being 3606 words.* Of course, I think I'll take advantage of my lead on the deadline to go through and revise it, see if I can't get it down to 3500 words (or up to 3700, depending on my mood).

The problem is, it's not a terribly great story. We were doing it as a sort of contest, with the ones we liked the best getting podcast(ed), but I'm not certain mine's good enough to make the cut.

Of course, I could be overthinking this thing (as I so often do), and my story is a bit of alright.

What I know is that writing makes me the closest to being happy of anything I can think of. So I guess I ought to keep doing it.

Rish Outfield

*Which is kind of creepy, considering I had guessed the end product would be 3600 words.

No comments: