Friday, April 24, 2009

Broken Mirror Progress

So, I have until April 30th to finish my Broken Mirror Story. The subject this time around is SOMEONE ARRIVES IN TOWN AND DISCOVERS THAT EVERYONE IS EXACTLY THE SAME. I had three or four pretty alright ideas as to where that could go, and started writing on the two that seemed most promising.

One of them I have set aside, and am concentrating on the one I liked the best. I've spoken to other writers who like to use little meters to show people their story progress, so I thought I'd grab one (this one was at writertopia.com), to show where I'm at.

I stuck my work-in-progress in a word processor and wasn't surprised to see I'm at nine pages. I was surprised, however, to see that I'm only at three thousand words. I figured I'd be closing in on ten.

But ah well.

So, here's my meter:

According to that, I'm at 83%. Even if I only managed three more percent a day, I'd still make it by deadline. Not too shabby.

Of course, the same may not be said about the story itself.

Rish "Edmund Wells, the Famous Dutch Author" Outfield

No comments: