Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Stupid Thing of the Week

A few days ago, I was going to create a weekly column called "The Stupidest Thing I Did This Week," but then I thought I might have trouble narrowing it down. So this is just called my "Stupid Thing of the Week," where I mention just one thing I did or said.

My little sister got married on Saturday. I'm a few steps closer to death. But that wasn't the stupid thing.

So, there was a wedding singer at my sister's reception. I thought I'd duck out of the line and join her in some kind of sappy love ballad. No, that's not the stupid part yet. My uncles made fun of me and started putting money in a tip jar.

I thought I could do one on my own. The singer popped in "The Dance," by Garth Brooks, a song I haven't heard in years. The music started up and I was looking around for the lyrics and there were none. "You said you knew this song," she whispered.

Well, I didn't.

I think it's fair to say that if it doesn't work out between my sister and Dave, her new husband . . . well, you know who's to blame.

No comments: