Monday, August 15, 2022

8-13 to 8-15

 8-13

No library, so no writing.  But what the hey, I'm never gonna achieve nothing with my writing anyway.*

So, actress Anne Heche was involved in a spectacular (as in, "dramatic" and "astounding," not the other use of the word) car accident, and suffered burns so severe that she was comatose, and eventually pronounced brain dead.  And several nice tributes came out to her, including one that an acquaintance posted on Facebook . . .

. . . but between you and me, he misspelled Anne's name . . . and it was a photo of Ellen DeGeneres.

And either nobody noticed, or nobody had the heart to correct him.

*I mean, think about it.  Let's say I finished "Balms & Sears" this month.  I would have to do a second draft (or if I was particularly lazy), just record the audio straight off the first draft.  Then edit the audio, and get Audible to pass it.  The soonest I would ever get it out would be, what, this time next year but more probably, 2024.  And then it sells, what, six or seven copies?  You know...


8-14

This afternoon, I went to my Aunt Blanca's house for dinner.  My Uncle John started talking about Las Vegas mafia stories, and I just ate it up.  His kids kept interrupting, bored A.F. (as they say), but I was pretty riveted.  The man has seen some things.

By the way, "bhunder" is not a word.

Arcove or Exercise: Arcove

8-15

As I was approaching the library today, I saw the blind Asian guy that I see here about once a week (I gave him a ride once, and when I asked him where he was from, he refused to tell me), and since my windows were already down, I nearly shouted, "Hey, blind Chinese guy, how you doing?!?"

But then I thought, Gee, what if that offended him?  I better not.  I mean, what if he's Korean?  So, I didn't.

Shoot, I can't remember if I mentioned this or not, but Big posted the final Dunesteef episode (it's at THIS LINK), and with that, the lights have gone out.  So strange.


I took a half hour or so to record my own thoughts on the passing of the show, and I will crowbar that into the next episode of the Rish Outcast I release, along with a few tepid words about my book "Hatchling."  I'll take a cue from Big's new handbook and try and get it out there as soon as I can.

What have I done?  With my life?  Well, I wasted an hour here at the library, probably managing about 280 words, the rest of the time spent on the internet, and doing "research" on Wikipedia.

Yeah, it's a waste of time, but I wanted to make a reference to the Houston Texans football team, and for the reference to work, it had to be a year they were really good.  And those kind of things take time (although not nearly what they would've taken years ago, when someone would have to look up each detail, and every word I wanted a synonym to would've taken a detour into a thesaurus . . . shudder).

After the library, I knew Big and I were going to be recording together (just last week, we recorded the last episode of the Dunesteef, and he's already gotten it posted, and it's on to recording Anklecast episodes), but I knew I had just enough time to go on a run.

So I did, but wow, I am out of practice (and overweight), so I had to stop no less than three times during my run, and each time I stopped, my body said, "Ah, this is my cue to start sweating!" and so, when I'd start running again, the breeze always felt nice on my face.

Arcove or Exercise: Exercise (and Writing)

No comments: