Wednesday, July 20, 2022

7-20

7-20

I be at the cabin once again, my home away from home (my niece and her boyfriend's family are using it this weekend, which really upset my brother, so he must consider it his home away from home too), and as I was approaching, hit the yearly swarm of grasshoppers that always seem to be alongside (or crossing) the road.  It took me a quarter-roll of paper towels to wipe up all the goo once I'd arrived.  

And as I was pulling up to the gate, I saw a big group of teen boys doing some kind of cross-country run (with one poor bastard about a half-mile behind the others, unable to keep up), for what purpose I don't know.  As I drove through the gate and near the dam, I saw a second group, this one nubile teenaged girls, so it must be a class, or a health retreat, or the beginnings of an underage orgy or something.  But I'll admit that I was a bit jealous, seeing all that shiny flesh running where I run every Wednesday night.  Which is weird, I know, but that's what you signed up for, coming to my blog.

I grabbed the exercise bike (which I only ever used once, out on the back deck, in the middle of the night, since it was too hot to ride it in the daylight), stuffed it into the car again, and brought it with me to the cabin.  I put it on the back deck here too, and hopped on, meaning to "ride" for two miles, but bumped it up to three, until I was getting sweaty (which tells me it must be working, like those old shampoo commercials where if the right side is tingling, that means it's working).  


And about a half hour later, I drove up to the dam, did my regular run, and then found the one spot of wi-fi strong enough to go on YouTube and look up various Cajun people speaking with that accent of theirs.  The next HorrorAddicts production I'm voicing has a Cajun accent, which I've never done before (unless it was voicing Gambit in a comic book thirty years ago), and I hoped to study first.




I got a clip of an audiobook narrator who does instruction on accents, and played it over and over in the car, until the phone realized I didn't have internet anymore and wouldn't play it again (funny how I tricked it for a mile or two).  And then, before I forgot how it went, I sat down and started recording my part . . . and it was three lines.  Just three lines for the whole episode.  Sigh.

Maybe I'll beg Abbie to do a Cajun accent for one of the "Arcove's Bright Side" characters, so I wouldn't have wasted the remaining free space in my brain learning to sound Cajun.*

Writing or Exercise: Exercise

*What's worse is, I later read a comment on the YouTube guy's instruction that said, "You stupid Yankee douche, you're teaching people to speak Creole, not Cajun!"  But ce la vie, or however that goes.

No comments: