Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Summer in January

It's the beginning of January and I'm at the beach, in shorts, sandals, and a t-shirt. And people wonder why I moved to L.A..

I'm on the set of "CSI: Miami" today, whihc completes my CSI baseball card collecion. We're shooting some beach scenes and an awesome sequence where I'm a spectator watching a women's volleyball game, one of the volleyball players makes a dive for a ball . . . and discovers a dead body under the sand. Reminds me of every Sadie Hawkins dance I ever went to.

The bad news, for me, was that I had to get up at 5:25am and drive out to the beach in Marina Del Rey. It's January, so it was cold until and hour or two after the sun came up. Now it's a wonderful 68 degrees and just sunny enough I will be beet red tomorrow for SANTA CLAUSE.

Oh, the good news, I almost forgot. The good news is that there are more hot chicks in bikinis than I have EVER seen in my life. There are about a hundred guys and two hundred girls, and while not all of them are beautiful, there are plenty of curves on display, and a couple are Top Tier gorgeous.*

I suppose the male extras are attractive too (or most of them). You may not believe this, but I am literally the fattest guy in the whole bunch. Yes.

But fear not, I have resolved to lose some weight in this new year (actually, I haven't, but I'm resolving right now to do so), and when I saw that Craft Service had brought God's own ambrosia, Krispy Kreme donuts, I didn't eat a single one. Nope. Though I now wish I had (donuts are goooooood). We'll see if I can say no two days in a row.

I chatted with a couple of hot girls (the neat thing about talking to extras is that most of the time, they can't walk away, once they've been placed in the scene). A lot of these girls are really cool, to be honest. And that's nice, since attractive girls usually find it easy not to be. There's also a lot few visible tattoos than I'd have guessed.

We shot until sundown, and it didn't seem too long. All in all, a good day. I'm even a little sunburned.

Oh, and I never went to Sadie Hawkins. Darn it.

Rish "Beach Boy" Outfield

*Referring to the girls, but hey, the curves are too.

No comments: