Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Exercise Update - First Six Months

So, the year is half over, and unless I'm related to Gandalf, my life is way more than half over.  I had set a goal for exercise in 2023 of 200 days, and you know, that's very achievable.  That means that if I exercised every day from the start of the year, I could take August through December off, and still make my goal.

So, here's where I am so far:

 

Some months have been better than others, with June and March being the really productive ones.  And I'm more than halfway there.  Of course, what I consider exercise and what you consider exercise might be two different things (when I was on a family vacation last week, I told myself I had to do ten laps in the pool, going up and back, before I could count it as my daily exercise.  And after three or four laps, my body started whispering, "Hey, why don't you quit now?  No one would fault you, and no one would ever know."  Damn body.

But I'm not in a contest with you (look at you, though, how well you're doing . . . it's inspiring, really), I'm just doing it for me, and one hundred and twelve days between January and July is something to be proud of.



Full disclosure: I'm posting this in July, and I have already fallen way behind (I'm currently sick with a summer cold, so my desire to exercise is somewhere lower than that of Jabba the Hutt).

No comments: