Sunday, March 21, 2021

March Sweeps - Day 414

I sold something yesterday that I knew I didn't have, and did not look forward to going to the storage unit to look for it.  I've described the storage unit, haven't I?  Think of the ending shot of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK . . . only with nothing of value tucked away in there.

Today was grey and miserable again, raining on and off, and I really wondered why I continue to walk the earth.  But I opened the door at the storage unit, sighed, and there was the item I was looking for, only buried in about a dozen Walmart bags.  Huh.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In March: 2129

I spent most of the day driving around, listening to an audiobook, hitting stores, just being on my own.  It's something I do about once every other month, and I suppose it's really sad, but until the cabin opens up, it's what I'm gonna do.  Shoot, then I'll have to start doing songs again, won't I?

Luckily, I'll still have songs from last year I haven't put out yet, by that time.

Push-ups Today: 66
Push-ups In March: 2148 (there's no way the sit-ups can catch up to the push-ups now, unless I start to really enjoy doing them throughout the day)

At the end of the night, I had been working for a while, but gotten no words in, and I had had a problem the day before trying to paste part of a story into the master document.  It came out like this:

Eli couldn't stop frowning."What's this Chewbacca thing?""Excuse me?" Sanford asked, a little too quickly."It's my understanding that you called a lady Chewbacca yesterday."Sanford shrugged."That was just a little joke.  I called everybody Chewbacca yesterday.""What?  Why?""Brandon said I wouldn't do it.  So I bet him a Coke that I could.""So, it wasn't just the lady that complained?  It was several people you called Chewbacca.""That's right, but not in a mean way.  Just, 'Have a nice day, Chewbacca!'  That sort of thing."

Basically, it took out all the formatting, so several pages looked like one gargantuan paragraph.  The library was closing, so I just kept the file open to look at later.

So tonight, I opened it again and tried to paste it into something new, hoping that it would fix it.  It didn't.  And I ended up going through and reformatting each line, which was a waste of time, sure, but I rewrote and added bits, and it ended up being a lengthy process that took up all the time I had to watch John Oliver, and record another chapter of my next audiobook.

Even so, if it makes my pizza story better--and it still counts as writing--then why not?

Words Today: 733
Words In March: 17,492

No comments: