Monday, May 24, 2021

I Narrate "The Centaur's Lament" by Ted Rabinowitz

About a zillion years ago, I performed a story for Kaleidocast, a New York-based podcast anthology.

Actually, it was just in 2015 (A story called "Dating Kali, My Sweet" by Alger Bliss), but time is fleeting.  Madness takes its toll.

But listen closely, not for very much longer, I was asked to do another story for their second season, at least that was the goal.  I simply can't spell "Kaleidocast" to save my life.  Even now, that doesn't look right.  But this is their logo, so . . .


Well, it came out a while later, as part of the third season.  This one is a short piece called "The Centaur's Lament," and it's one of those tales (I'm sure there's a name for this category, sort of a kissing cousin to Second Person) where you're getting half of a conversation, and have to infer what the other person is saying.  Kind of like hearing one side of a telephone call, and ends with a surprisingly funny line.

Whether you love the format or not, I think you'll find the story (by Ted Rabinowitz) amusing.  

THIS IS THE LINK!

Kaleidocast requested the story around the time Nixon was President, and I have dogged their website many times in the years since.  I have always been baffled by their website whenever I go.  Even following their link I sometimes wonder if I went to the wrong site.

No comments: