Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Rish Performs "Pandora's Box" by Kristine Kathryn Rusch on Audible.com

Of the many stories I've recorded for sale on Audible.com, the one that has sold the most copies has been by Kristine Kathryn Rusch.  She's a very talented writer, and in looking over her Wikipedia page, she's got as many published works out there as I have abandoned short stories in my notebooks.

I performed "The Case of the Vanishing Boy" a couple of months back, which is being touted as "Spade/Paladin Book 1," even though it isn't (the first Spade story was published in 1997 and will probably be for sale in late September on Audible),* that had the rotund Science Fiction convention detective helping the lovely Paladin find a teenaged runaway.  It can be found here, if you like: http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=sr_3_9?asin=B00CA4P784&qid=1376585839&sr=3-9

So, this week, a second story, "Pandora's Box," has been made available.  In this one, Paladin has apparently made an impression on some crazy person, who promises to send a bomb to an SF convention, to either kill her or impress her, y'never know.  Spade once again teams up with her to take care of the problem.

This was about 96% percent easier to get approved than the first story, and that makes me want to sign on for more.  It's now available for purchase at this link: http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=sr_1_2?asin=B00EILQPZ6&qid=1376584740&sr=1-2

I make almost nothing off these little stories.  But they are well-written, uniquely geeky, and every little bit helps.

Rish Outfield, Audiobook Narrator

*My thought is that "Vanishing Boy" was the one I auditioned for, of the three stories available, and had I auditioned for one of the others, it would now be called "Book 1."

No comments: