Monday, January 31, 2011

Upcoming Audio Drama Work

I do a lot of voicework on the internet. Only one paid gig so far (thanks, Abbie), but plenty to keep me busy, and probably more if I want it.

For example, there were auditions held, a month or so ago, for an audio drama based on the the greatest television show ever, Joss Whedon's "Firefly." I leapt at the chance to try out, sending in three auditions in a single weekend, and felt really good about them. It took the folks a while to sort through them, and the verdict came in this afternoon. While I didn't get the part I really wanted, I am happy to be a part of the/a "Firefly" audio drama.

The funny thing is, I got that email from the folks behind that production today, and before I even clicked on it, I typed the above. A week or a month ago, I would've told you, "Oh yeah, that part is totally mine. I was born to play it, and they'd be idiots to cast somebody else." But when I saw the You've Been Cast email tonight, I just had a feeling that I fell short of my primary goal, but should be proud to have any part at all.

And I am. I enjoy acting, and just about every aspect of the making of entertainment. Fudge, I was proud to be an extra in a lot of the shows and movies I worked on (there was that Tara Reid movie, though, where I was a bit embarrassed even to visit the set of, but I shan't mention that here). I will continue to do my best, and take any part that is offered to me.

Perhaps I can get the part of Dracula on the "Buffy" podcast.

No comments: