Thursday, December 23, 2021

December Sweeps - Day 691


I mostly worked on podcasts today.  I had nearly finished my Christmas episode (a really short, quite unimpressive show), and had finally gotten Big to record a little something for the Dunesteef with me, and managed to get both done.  

My mom still can't drive, and wanted someone to take her to the grocery store (threatening to drive herself once it got dark and she still hadn't gone), so I drove her over there and was astounded at a) how much stuff she got (two carts' worth), and b) how not busy the place was.  My nephew and I went to a couple of stores yesterday, and the line was endless at all of them.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In December: 2311

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In December: 2345

When I was at my cousin's the other night, we saw that you could stream a three hour 2020 version of "A Christmas Carol" that was, to my wonder, Rated MA (the rating television shows reserve for adult programming).  It starred Guy Pearce and Andy Serkis, and it intrigued me.*

So, I put it on, curious how you could make a more grown-up version than my beloved 1984 George C. Scott version.

Well, throw in gore, liberal use of the f-word, child molestation and poor Bob Cratchett's wife prostituting herself, and you can, indeed, find a grown-upper version of the classic tale.

It was also insanely long, and joined the myriad movies and TV series that I started in 2021 and didn't finish (probably, truth be told, one out of every three programmes . . . maybe two out of five).

Words Today: 333
Words In December: 13,508

*I had heard someone complaining about it last year, but it wasn't until I got to the scene in question that I remembered this was what they were talking about.

No comments: