Friday, December 03, 2021

November Sweeps - Day 671


I only got 314 words written yesterday (I had other things on my plate, including getting out a Patreon address and a meeting with Abigail Hilton before I could start on her novella), so my goal is to exceed that today . . . by one.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In December: 300

Today I started recording Abigail Hilton's novella "Lullaby."*  Don't tell her this, but I really enjoyed doing it, taking about forty-six minutes to do the first chapter, then less than ten to do the second.  I did several takes for half of the dialogue, so it'll take some editing, but I SHOULD manage to finish this well ahead of the New Year's deadline.

I also recorded another chapter of my own book, but it didn't go nearly so well.  I'm at the halfway point of the 43,000 word book, and it requires a totally different headspace than narrating Abbie's book.  With hers, all of my focus is on the words and the character voices.  There's no second-guessing of the plot, the dialogue, the repetition of certain words (I found eight instances of the word "something" in Chapter 16 alone), whether things are clear or not, whether they're clever or not, and whether I need "he saids" and "she saids," which, in my not-at-all-humble opinion, you can never get enough of.

Push-ups Today: 65 (I meant to do more, but forgot)
Push-ups In December: 265

Words Today: 531
Words In December: 1032

*Technically, I recorded the title page yesterday, but that was, what, one minute's work, and may not count. 

No comments: