Monday, December 13, 2021

December Sweeps - Day 681

Every once in a while, one of the packages I send gets returned to me.  Almost without fail, I am unhappy to see it.  Today was strange, though.  I hadn't heard from the buyer that there was anything wrong (or that the item hadn't arrived), but there it was in my mailbox with a Return To Sender sticker from the post office on it.  But someone had written "WTF" on the front of it in blue pen.  That was a first.

W.T.F. indeed.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In December: 1300

I finally got Big to sit down and record a sketch with me for the podcast, and you know . . . it wasn't any good.  Thank Bossk we hadn't managed to get Renee on the line with us as well.

It reminds me of when I went to see FATHER'S DAY in '97.  I was so excited, "Wow, Robin Williams, Billy Crystal, and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss in a movie together!  And directed by Ivan Reitman?  How could it go wrong?"


Well, it did.  Very wrong.  And why is still a mystery to me, after all these years.

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In December: 1323

It's Monday, and I hit the library again tonight.  One day, I promise you, I will look back at the time right now and miss it.  I guess I miss how I was last year, so excited about exercise and writing and the possibilities of change.  Seems like a while ago, and no time at all.

I wrote a very little section on my story, bringing the total to 34,404 words.  I know what you're saying, couldn't you have managed forty more words?  And you know what, you OCD devil, you're right.

Words Today: 805
Words In December: 8186

No comments: