Tuesday, December 14, 2021

December Sweeps - Day 682


Another day, another pointless trip to the library.  

Unfortunately, when I went to send my daily words to myself . . . the internet went down.  I didn't know how long it would be before it came back, except that I had to leave (and even if I didn't, the library would be closing in ten minutes or so, and I'd lose everything anyway).  I tried to open Gmail in a new window, but nothing would come up.  And I couldn't even check my Drafts to see if what I'd written was saved or not.

So I did the only thing I could think of doing: I took two photos of all the words I had written, knowing that I could type them again if I lost everything.  Then I logged off the system and took off.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In December: 1400

After "Hawkeye," it was time to head home, but as we went outside, we were surprised to see more snow than we ever would have expected to have piled up in the three hours we'd hung out.  It was over a foot, piled up on my car and all around it, mostly stopped, but with enough falling that I had to scrape my windshield again once I'd gotten around the car.  

I was able to back down the driveway, but once I hit the snow in the cul-de-sac, I was stuck.  My poor cousin, still wearing shorts for some maniacal reason, had to come out and try to push me, but the engine wouldn't even rev with the wheels not making contact with the ground.  It was weird.

The thing is, I had never seen over a foot of snow fall in the time it took to watch three "Seinfeld"s and a "Hawkeye."  So even if I had been able to make it out of his neighborhood, the town roads and the freeway might have been absolutely deadly (and I never relish the thought of slowly trundling up the freeway only to have big semi trucks zoom by me going seventy, throwing up walls of blinding grey slush.  Do you?).

So, he pushed me enough that I could get back onto his driveway, and we trudged back into the house, him for his bed, and me for his downstairs couch.  

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In December: 1423

Words Today: 277 
Words In December: 8463

No comments: