Saturday, December 11, 2021

November Sweeps - Day 679

I bought one of those little dinosaur eggs to use as cover art for "Hatchling."  This was something I had thought about doing six or more months ago, but the big twelve dollar egg I saw at NPS was gone when I went back for it.  But Walmart had marked down the little tiny dinosaur eggs to a couple of bucks, so I bought one, figuring I could paint it myself.

In the story, the egg is brown, so first I painted it brown.  But it no longer looked like an egg anymore.  I asked my nephew how he thought it looked, and he said, "What, that big piece of crap on the table?"  Whoops.

So, I painted over it in tan.  Now it looked like a fresher turd.  Then I put gold and silver paint over the top of it.  It looked better, but not great.  Ah well.


Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In December: 1100

The thing about this writing every day nonsense is that no matter how well I did the day before, I'm not allowed to be either proud or satisfied, because it drops down to zero again every morning.  And that right sucks.

So, here I am in the library, barely an hour before closing, and I'm going to try to get three hundred words or so in.  Even though there are Wikipedia articles I'm interested in, and my blogging has dropped way below where it used to be.

Well, I did not do well today.  I finished writing the scene I started the last time I was here, but I really struggled this time.  I have finally caught up with the narrative and am now writing instead of rewriting.  I hope that the next time goes much better, but this one seemed meandering and pointless, and I didn't even manage three hundred words.

I know I look at poor George Martin (the writer, not the Beatles producer) with disdain for having meandered and delayed that second-to-last book for more than a decade, but if this is how he feels all the time, then I should really cut him some slack.  A little, anyway.

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In December: 1123

Big Anklevich informed me that today: 12-11-21 is a palindrome, but I'll not mention that sort of filth in my blog.  And I checked Big's blog . . . and he's above it too.

Words Today: 317
Words In December: 6467

No comments: