Thursday, December 16, 2021

December Sweeps - Day 684

My mom reminded me today that I had a white elephant story on Saturday.  I didn't know what that meant, and first thought she was telling me this before I picked my nephew up from preschool because I was supposed to take a white elephant gift, or tell a story about one I had gotten.

But no, I'm in charge this year of telling a story while people pass their wrapped gifts in a circle, and when the story ends, whichever gift ends up with which person is who they're stuck with.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In December: 1611

Tonight, Cathexis and I went to a holiday musical.

I first took my niece to a play several years ago (when she was eight or nine), and we've gone to many since then.  I usually mention when I see somebody is performing one we might like, but we only end up going to half of those.  This time, I told her I'd just buy her the ticket as her Christmas gift, and we ended up meeting at the theater, which used to be a movie theater years ago (it was where I first saw BACK TO THE FUTURE back in '85).

It was a Christmas play, quite inoffensive and mildly amusing and entertaining.  A couple of the actors were quite good, being both able to sing and act, while a couple others were only able to do one of those things. 

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In December: 1634

The play, it turned out, was an original, written and directed by one of the stars.  I had wished that I had known that going in, because I would've been far kinder to it in my mind.  It wasn't until the intermission that I discovered it was homegrown, and that made me admire it, at least a little.  Who knows, after revising and rewriting it, it may make a fortune for the young playwright, but who knows how many amateur productions go on to reasonable success?

Words: 641
Words In December: 9504

No comments: