Wednesday, December 15, 2021

November Sweeps - Day 683

I woke up when my alarm went off (well, I had awakened a couple of times before then, unsure of my surroundings, but one thing I can say for my cousin's basement is that he keeps all the windows securely covered, so it was pretty dark even with the sun shining down on all that blinding snow.


Everything looked white and beautiful outside, with over a foot of new snow.  The weight of the snow on the branches of his trees and caused a limb to snap off, and I snapped a photo of the family van, with, jeez, fourteen or fifteen inches of snow on it:


Around ten am, my cousin went outside to attempt to shovel a path wherein we could drive (him to work, and me home).  He has a neat new snowblower that shoots snow into the air, and you can angle the spray however you want it (which was fun to watch, but the novelty would surely wear off after the second time you had to use it).


I followed my cousin around for half an hour, shoveling snow by hand while he pushed the snowblower around.  Other neighbors were outside, pushing shovels or running their own blowers.  None of them seemed to think it was the end of the world, although my cousin's kids had no way of getting to school, so he let them stay at home (if he had owned a monster truck, sure, they could've made it to the bus stop, or school itself, but hey).

This is a Nativity display in a front yard . . . somewhere.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In December: 1511

Push-ups Today: 111
Push-ups In December: 1534

As far as writing goes, I wrote 67 words on one project, then opened the Outpost story and wrote 333 on it before the library made its unwelcome "We will be closing in ten minutes, please save your work" announcement.  333 is a nice round number, and added to 67, is fairly even too.  Guess I'll take off now.

Words Today: 400
Words In December: 8863

No comments: