Thursday, December 30, 2021

December Sweeps - Day 698


I finished Abbie's book and she paid me for it already.  That's great, especially with getting the brake pads and rotors replaced yesterday.*  She's written another book in the series, but it's up in the air whether I'll be narrating it (or indeed, whether there will be an audio version at all--it would seem that the readership for this series is passionate, but considerably smaller than those that buy her other two series).

But I've no doubt that the few folks who pony up (or ferryshaft up) the dough for this particular audiobook will be very pleased.  The narrator is fire, after all.

Sit-ups Today: 150
Sit-ups In December: 3072

So, I did my hundred push-ups and sit-ups and got in bed for the night, but then I remembered that we'd reached the end of the month, and once again, I wasn't going to make my sit-up and push-up goals for the month (once I stopped going to the cabin, the motivation to do sit-ups, then do something else, then do sit-ups again just plain faded away).  So I got up and did a few more of each, but I'm afraid it's a case of too few too late.

Push-ups Today: 160
Push-ups In December: 3127

I had less than an hour at the library tonight, so we'll see what kind of writing I get done.  Anything above, say, two hundred words I'm calling a victory.

Words: 692
Words In December: 17,393

*Technically, my mother paid for some of it, in lieu of a Christmas present.  She didn't much care for the banshee wail of my brakes either.

No comments: