Friday, December 10, 2021

December Sweeps - Day 678

My oldest nephew doesn't do much beyond watch TV all day.  Apparently, there are seventeen seasons of "Grey's Anatomy," and he has watched sixteen of them.

I had made myself some food and was going to watch an episode of "Modern Family" (I'm on the seventh season now), and my nephew said he wanted to watch with me.  So we did.  But as soon as the episode ended, he skipped to the next one, and the one after that.  I told him I needed to go record my friend's book, and he said, "Aww, just one more."  So we did. 

I had never watched that many episodes in a row--I feel too guilty--but the Seventh Season ended, and he wanted to spring right into the Eighth Season, despite not having watched the show before.  So, we watched a couple more, and I didn't feel too terribly about it, since it was something we were doing together (and at least he was taking a break from fudgin' "Grey's Anatomy").

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In December: 1000

When it came time for my exercise, my nephew said they'd had a push-up contest in Gym class, and the winner did eighty-seven push-ups in a row.  So I thought, "Can I do as many push-ups as an Eighth Grader?"

Push-ups Today: 87
Push-ups In December: 1023

I was in Walmart the other day, and the dude in line ahead of me had a package of adult diapers in his cart.  I felt a bit sorry for him (he seemed pretty young for that to me).  Then I started thinking about at one point I'd have to start wearing them.  Surely before I got to his age--maybe next year (maybe now).  Then I felt a bit sorry for me.

Words Today: 335
Words In December: 6150

1 comment:

Big Anklevich said...

Wee