Monday, December 20, 2021

November Sweeps - Day 688


My nephew (the now-fourteen year old) finished watching all seventeen seasons of "Grey's Anatomy," and then moved on to something called "Private Practice," which is apparently a spin-off that's gone, holy shit, six seasons of its own.  The lil bastard watches five or six episodes a day (on schooldays) and more the rest of the time, and I berated him for it once again.  Why would he watch something that I hate when he's never watched any of the Disney+ Marvel shows?  

So, he said he would watch the first episode of "Hawkeye" with me this afternoon.  I was happy to watch it again, and it was over quickly, with plenty of time to get work done and go to the library after.  But then we went on to the second episode, and watched that through, and that was fine too, but I was a bit rushed now to get my work AND get a library visit in.  But my nephew hit Skip, and the third episode started up.  I told him, "Hey, this is the last one, okay?  We'll watch the first three, and then on Thursday or Friday, we'll watch the second three."  I would have very little time to write and get my work done, but I could make do. 


Unfortunately, when the third episode ended, he hit Skip to start watching the fourth.  I told him I couldn't, got up, and turned the TV off.  I went to my room, looked at my to-do list, and heard the TV in the living room come back on.  He had started watching "Hawkeye" without me.  Well, that couldn't stand, so I went back out there and said, "No more episodes, I can't watch with you."  He said, "So?  I'll just watch it by myself."  It bummed me out, so I sat on the couch for a minute before getting my work done.  A half hour later, the episode was over, and I hadn't moved.  Now, there was only time to get my work done OR go to the library.  And my nephew Skipped to the fifth and final episode.  I grumbled, but stayed put.  When that episode ended, I threw my coat on and drove over to the library with less than an hour to spare.

And now, I've spent ten minutes blogging.  Sigh.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In December: 2011

I typed about four hundred words, and that's good an all, but I misspelled the word "position" just now, and couldn't figure out how I'd gotten it wrong ("positition"), then got it in my head to look up the old video game Pole Position on Wikipedia . . . for no reason whatsoever.  It became this thing in my mind that I absolutely HAD to do, I can't explain it.  I think my more religious relatives might say that it was the Devil whispering in my ear, tempting me away from what is right (would Devil be capitalized?  It's a title, right?), but why would Beelzebub* want me not to write, or to care about Pole Position, a game I haven't thought about in, what, thirty years?

I also wrote a couple of paragraphs on "Hatchling" before I recorded, which was smart because it didn't eat up any audio space.

Push-ups Today: 111
Push-ups In December: 2045

I took my mom to the doctor's office today, and they did all sorts of memory tests on her.  It was rather fascinating, although I felt bad that she struggled with them, although she didn't technically fail any.  I think I'll talk about it in my Patreon address next week, since it was so strange.

Words Today: 949
Words In December: 12,494


*He lets me call him "Bill."

No comments: