Sunday, November 28, 2021

November Sweeps - Day 666

I'm pretty sure my math is wrong (it always is), but according to the above, it's the six hundred and sixty-sixth of these in a row.  A special number to me (and the Dark Prince, of course), and the number Big Anklevich told me would be great to stop with the daily blogging.  End on a high note, in other words.

Unfortunately, I haven't stopped.  But let's agree, just between us, to pretend that I have.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In November: 2866

I considered going on another hike today (I wish I had, really, before the real winter weather begins), but I was reading Abbie's novella, and when I looked up, it was already getting dark at 4:15pm.  I'm NOT blaming Abbie for not exercising . . . I'm blaming whoever's idea it was for the sun to go down before five pm.

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In November: 3117

I started watching that new Beatles film/documentary Peter Jackson put together, "Get Back."  It was fascinating (I used that word yesterday about the crow, but hey, lots of things are fascinating to me), and while I consider myself a fan of the Beatles, I'm not an expert by any means.  They play snippets of songs, trying to figure out what to perform at their live show, and I don't know their work well enough to identify which songs make it onto albums and which songs we're hearing for the first and only time. 

At one point, we watch them developing a song, a few lines at a time, and it's just magical, watching how the harmonies and drumming and baseline come about.  I was loving it . . . and then George says, "But this just sounds like old shit to me."  It kinda rains on your parade there, I'd say.

I fell asleep on the couch while watching it (the second night in a row for me), but I'll try to go back to it soon.

Words Today: 417
Words In November: 18,243

No comments: