Wednesday, November 17, 2021

November Sweeps - Day 655

Another trip to the library, and that worked out pretty well for me this week.  What I did was email myself three different unfinished stories from my laptop, and I went through them, like I did last week with the Will Choner one (which is now done).  

Out of curiosity, I checked to see how many files I had sent to myself like that, and made another one of those it-could-only-happen-to-me discoveries: there was a sketch I had written for me and Big Anklevich to do on the show that I had absolutely no memory of.  It was about a guy who goes to his friend's house, only to be told that there could be no quoting of Monty Python in front of the friend's new wife . . . absolutely none.  It was obviously written by me, and even more obviously written for me and Big to do, since it referenced what a fan Big is, and how he introduced me to a lot of their sketches*, but I didn't remember writing it.

But even more bizarrely . . . I wrote it in June.  June of 2021.  

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In November: 1755

My cousin and I finished watching “Only Murders In The Building,” or should I say, Season One of that show.  It was pretty clever, and quite entertaining, but maybe a little bit too clever, with trying new things and new angles nearly every episode (I’d have appreciated it more if it had been a little more traditional, and dare I say, ordinary, but hey, that’s just me).

After that, we started watching “What We Do In The Shadows,” and then I opened my eyes, and my cousin said, “Have a good nap?  You slept through that whole episode.”

I shouldn’t be sleepy, not enough to fall asleep at 11:30pm or whatever time it was.  Of course, the fact that it gets dark so damned quick has to help (for example, it’s about eleven pm when I’m writing this . . . but I looked at the clock, and it’s technically only 7:53pm).

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In November: 2015

Afterward, we watched “Seinfeld,” starting the final season, and then we can move on to some other show.  I've been bugging him to watch "Enterprise" with me for about a dozen years.  Who knows, maybe we'll watch it and I'll join all the haters, despite enjoying every single episode as it aired.

Words Today: 242
Words In November: 12,209

*Another big clue that it was written for us was the directions for BIG and RISH instead of the character names.

No comments: