Sunday, November 28, 2021

15 Goals For 2021 - November Update

1.  Go on one hike a month.
Sure, even considered going on two this month.

2.  Finally write the "Bossk PD" sketch.
Only begun, never finished.

3.  Collaborate on a story with Big Anklevich.
I'd still like to, but no.

4.  Put out Christmas collection I was supposed to put out in 2020.
Haven't done a damn thing on it in months.

5.  Put out Audio collection I was supposed to put out in 2019.
I asked Gino for another cover.  If he sends it, I will go to town on this.

6.  Go to the Salt Flats in central (northern?) Utah.
Yep!

7.  Finish "Only Have Eyes For You."
Yep, yep!

8.  Publish "Hatchling." 
I've got eleven chapters recorded, only eight of them mediocre.

9.  Publish "Underdecorated" AND "podcatcher" AND "A Sidekick's Errand."
I got it!  Here's "Underdecorated," "podcatcher," and "Sidekick's Errand."

10.  Record "Know When To Walk Away" With Big.
I'd still like to do this, but it takes two to lie, Marge: one to lie, and one to listen.

11.  Put out two "Tales of eBay Horror" episodes.
Damn, this is never going to happen.  That series has joined the Storage Unit singing clips in having been a little to hard to edit, once too often.  So forever they may sit.

12.  Finally finish "Balms & Sears."
Dang, this is highly unlikely.  The thing is: I COULD do it.  I'd just have to email the file to myself and say, I'm going to read through this, making little changes along the way, and when I reach the point where it cuts off, I'm going to continue the narrative through to the end.  I could do it in a week of library trips--less than that if I actually went there before the closing hour.

13.  Put out lost TGMG Thanos episode.
Done.

14.  Continue to exercise.  Why not?
I nearly missed a time or two.  Last night, I fell asleep on the couch, and woke up at 4:21am.  I headed for bed, then turned around and made myself do a hundred sit-ups, because I had forgotten them for the day.  If I can do that, I can do anything.


15.  Maintain a positive outlook on life.
Well, you don't get much more positive than quoting the second-greatest movie of all time, BTTF, kids.*

These are my completed writing projects in 2021:
1.  Only Have Eyes For You (D&B . . . novel-length)
2.  Jake From State Farm commercial (sketch)
3.  Heads Up (Horror, longer version and short version)
4.  Testing Anxiety (flash)
5.  The Bad Man In Room 2 (D&B)
6.  The Company You Keep (Lara & the Witch)
7.  The People We Touch (Lara & the Witch)
8.  Rookie Mistake (sketch)
9.  Twin Novella (Unidentical Twins?)
10.  The Python-Free Zone (sketch)
11. When You Need It Most (Lara & the Witch . . . novel)
12. The Case of the Missing Bracelet (Will Choner story)
13. Walk of Death (short story)
14.  Here With My Childhood Friend (short story)
15.  But Now I'm Found (Will Choner story)

*After 1987's MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE, of course.

No comments: