Sunday, November 14, 2021

November Sweeps - Day 652

Nothing today, kids.  I got a little editing done, listed over a hundred and fifty items on eBay, and recorded two (absolutely terrible) chapters of "Hatchling." 

Having said that, I often hear musicians talk about songs they came up with and thought were terrible, but ended up being big hits or enduring classics (I remember hearing The Bangles complain that they recorded “Walk Like An Egyptian” as a sort of goof, not particularly fond of the demo their producer brought them, and it went all the way to Number 1 on the Billboard charts) and everybody’s heard the story of Stephen King tossing the first few pages of “Carrie” in the trashcan (only to have his wife Tabitha pull them out, read them, and encourage him to write it through to the end).

I’m not saying I’m Stephen Bangle or the Kings or nothing, I’m just hoping that, as awful as I’ve been finding the chapters of “Hatchling” to be, that maybe I’m just too sensitive to the subject matter*, and other people will see past it.

Sit-ups: 111
Sit-ups In November: 1444

Push-ups: 111
Push-ups In November: 1615

Words Today: 542
Words In November: 10,262

*Of course, I never romanced the girl next door when I was a teenager, and have absolutely no idea what something like that would be like, which causes me to worry.  But I’ve never found a prehistoric egg either, so eff you.  I just finished editing the audio for “Here With My Childhood Friend,” which I found to be ALMOST as bad as those chapters of “Hatchling,” and thought there were a couple of good moments in there, so who really knows?

No comments: