Monday, November 08, 2021

November Sweeps - Day 646

I came to the library about forty-five minutes ago . . . and surfed the internet.  Just across from me are a bank of (I think) four computers that DO NOT have internet access.  I feel like they’re there just for people like me: folks who have a task to do and do not want to be distracted from it.  Or it could be for luddites that hate the technology of the world wide web, but have no qualms about using a word processor.

I am needing to use the bathroom, and feel like I ought to say, “Sure, AFTER you write 200 words.”  The problem is, and I don’t want to be too graphic here, if your body tells you it needs to go to the toilet, and you tell it, “Let me do this other thing first,” sometimes I decides to create what they call “a teachable moment” in the classroom.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In November: 833

I wrote a little bit on my Will Choner story (okay, that’s not true, I didn’t write a damned thing, I just opened the document for the third time, and read through it, adding little details here and there, correcting typos, sticking in “he saids” and “she saids,” willy-nilly, but those words still add up), and I’d forgotten how much I liked the Marcellus character (Will's best friend from the lost turtle story).  I left him out of the story I wrote a couple of months ago.

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In November: 882

This might be amusing to you: do you remember how I wrote a book called "Hatchling," and set it in the same town as "Into the Furnace," just about 130 years apart?  And how I realized in February that I had actually set it in the town the "Sidekick Chronicles" stories take place in?  And maybe you recall that in August, I went through and changed all the references to Trueno to Bendo's Furnace.

Well, some a-hole has been recording the book, and didn't remember until today that the story isn't about the Lightning in Thunderclap, Arizona, but the Firebirds in Bendo's Furnace, New Mexico.  And that means that the version I've been recording from is an earlier version than the one I revised in August.

And that's more work for me.  Hooray.


I did go through the document and replaced the references (again), as well as adding nine or ten lines that had been added to the file on my laptop (as opposed to the one on my desktop).  I didn’t record them, though.  Sorry?

Now, it's the end of the night, but because of Daylight Savings, I still have an hour before I have to go to bed.  I could use it to write, or to edit audio, or to do a podcast.

Whoops, none of those things--I watched YouTube.  Sigh.

Words Today: 626
Words In November: 6505

No comments: