Friday, November 26, 2021

November Sweeps - Day 664

Nothing much to share today.  Oh, I'll give you one little thing: because a bunch of relatives were in town for Thanksgiving, there was a family gathering at a Mexican restaurant we've gone to for nearly forty years, and there were about twenty-five of us.

I chose to sit next to my four year old nephew.  But that was a mistake.

My sister sat across from me, we ordered our food, munched on chips and salsa, and I drank a Pepsi.*  Just as the food started coming, my sister's eyes went big, and she said, "Get up, get up, get up!"  I was a bit slow in processing that, but looked over at my nephew, and SPLOTCH! the boy started vomiting.

It went all over the table, the seat, and a bit on me and the boy.  Well, that was a learning experience.

I went back to the kitchen staff and asked for paper towels, and they gave me washcloths and a garbage bag to dump them in when I was done.  My brother-in-law took the boy to the bathroom, and when he came back, he'd turned the kid's shirt inside out.  That was a good idea, but I had no such freedom.

That's it.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In November: 2666

Push-ups Today: 50
Push-ups In November: 2917

Words Today: 270
Words In November: 17,472

*I'm afraid I've gotten almost up to my pre-pandemic weight, mostly because I eat ice cream, rarely go running anymore, and have broken rules like this one, drinking regular soda instead of the sugar-free kind.  But what can you do?


No comments: