Tuesday, November 09, 2021

November Sweeps - Day 647


Today was the first day of the year that I heard Christmas music playing.  

Now look, I don’t want to feed into the idiotic “War on Christmas" conspiracy theory, but I could stand to have at least two weeks (if not a month) between constantly hearing This Is Halloween and the deluge of It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas.  But hey, I know it makes some people happy.

And plenty of other people a lot of money.  And really, that’s what it’s all about.


Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In November: 933

Every day this week, I have awakened before my alarm, my body telling me that I’ve overslept.  And that’s cool, that’s fine—I understand it’s a side effect of Daylight Savings Time ending (or maybe it’s the 5G chip I got implanted along with my vaccine getting switched on.  Have you considered that?  Why haven’t you considered that?*), but I will admit that it’s given me a bit of extra time each day this week (oh shoot, it’s only Tuesday.  That means it’s been happening for only three days.  Sorry, let me delete the above paragraph).


Today was miserable weather--it was grey and rainy and cold, and I doubt I’ll make it to the cabin tomorrow because of it (the snow that’s presumably there), despite nearly killing myself there a week ago--and I was shivering and unhappy without a jacket on in the morning, then in the afternoon, I’d put on my jacket, but had to take it off again as I got all sweaty raking up wet, heavy leaves from the lawn, before I jetted over to the library to get some words in.  I keep telling myself to do 500 words, at least. 

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In November: 982

What I said at the first about the Christmas music?  I keep hearing these jokes (or seeing memes) about Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas Is You being the absolute nadir of holiday songs, and how it marks the end of the peaceful fall season (and/or sanity), but once again, I consider myself quite the opposite of a Mariah Carey fan . . . and I totally dig that song.  Haven’t heard it yet this year—we’ll see what happens when I do.

Well, I finally reached the end of reading through (and formatting) the Will Choner story.  Not sure where it’s going next (I wonder if I ever did), but I got over seven hundred words in (all of them either “Will said” or “Armin asked”).

Words Today: 753
Words In November: 7258

*Because THEY don’t want you to consider that.

No comments: