Sunday, November 21, 2021

November Sweeps - Day 659

I waited until pretty darn late to write or exercise.  What writing I did do was in trying to rearrange bits of "Hatchling" so that Chapter 9 was not so insanely long (the recording was one hour and twenty-nine minutes*), then re-record part of it so it felt more like the end of a chapter, instead of simply being split in two, which is what it was.**

I then went through the rest of the book, changing each of the chapter numbers by one, ending up with 33 chapters (it's just 41,000 words long at present), then sat down and recorded the audio for Chapter 13, which was insanely short (about 700 words), and Chapter 14, which was even shorter (about 500).

So, I decided to combine those two into one chapter, which necessitated . . . yep, going through the document and readjusting all the chapters again.  Which is fine, except that I discovered that Chapter 31, the finale of the story, is another crazy-long chapter, like 9 was, and I decided to split that into two as well, ending up with thirty-three chapters again.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In November: 2155

Push-ups Today: 111
Push-ups In November: 2437

Words Today: 275
Words In November: 15,011

*Which, edited down, still comes to about thirty minutes.  What can I say, I'm unbelievably inefficient.

**I also re-recorded all of Rick's lines from the first chapter, hoping his voice would sound more like the way I do it now.  So much work for something no one will buy or enjoy, but this is the toll genius demands.

No comments: