Tuesday, November 23, 2021

November Sweeps - Day 661

Well, nothing to blog about today either.  I'm seriously falling behind on this thing.

Shoot, time ran out while I was at the library.  I should've left twenty minutes ago.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In November: 2366

My cousin and I watched the first episode of "Hawkeye" tonight (I had drank a Coke Zero around eleven to prevent myself from falling asleep--again--and it kicked in around one and kept me awake until four or so), the newest of the Marvel Studios shows on Disney+.

Hawkeye is the most unsung of the Avengers (now that Black Widow finally got a measly one-and-done film), and is highly underrated.  He seems to be the one who has aged the least in the eleven years since they introduced him, since he never looked particularly young in his previous appearances, but it's interesting to see his kids (and wife) get older and older with each installment.  I suspect this series is going to a passing of the torch show, enabling Jeremy Renner to retire from the franchise and use Hailee Steinfeld from this point on (it took me three tries to spell her name right.  Come on).  And while that is a sad reminder that twilight is upon us all, and soon, night must fall.  Still, that is the way of things, the way of the Force.

We'll have to get together again next week to catch the second episode (Disney released two episodes at the same time, perhaps because of the Thanksgiving holiday, and maybe I'll talk more about it then.  I did love the moment when he took his children to a Chinese restaurant and the owner said it would be no charge because he had saved the city.  That kind of thing would happen all the time in real life.

Of course, there's a moment when he's standing at a toilet and sees that someone had written "Thanos was right" on the porcelain.  That would happen in real life too.

Push-ups Today: 125
Push-ups In November: 2662

One of my friends on Facebook likes to "Mark himself safe" from hearing Wham's Last Christmas from November 1st until he hears the song, and it really amuses me.  Tonight, as I was getting off the exit from my cousin's house, the song came on the radio.  And it was bloody divine, truly one of the best songs of my lifetime, not just counting Christmas songs.  Agree to disagree, whatever.*

So, I got on Facebook and posted that, as of 2:14am today, I had failed the "Last Christmas Challenge."  Hopefully, that amuses someone else.

Words Today: 583
Words In November: 16,113

*And I apologize for using that word.  I try not to overuse the really filthy words on my blog (though the occasional "fuck" and "bunt" does slip through), but sometimes, you don't have to hit Shift-F7 . . . you know the exact word that's appropriate.

2 comments:

Big Anklevich said...

I failed the "Last Christmas" challenge already as well. As time passes, different Christmas songs come to the forefront, and "Last Christmas" has definitely taken center stage these days. The problem is that if you like the song, you won't be able to for much longer, because the bastards will play it into the ground until you can't stand to hear even the first note.

Oh, the other one that's come to the forefront is Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You". They're playing that into the ground as well. If you like that one, you won't be able to like it for much longer.

I have to say that I was pretty shocked when I saw one of those shows like Entertainment Tonight call Mariah Carey the Voice of Christmas or some other exaggerated title like that. All I could think was, "Wait, isn't that Bing Crosby? Does Mariah even sing a second Christmas song?"

I suppose she has an album of other lame versions of all the songs that Bing made famous to support her "All I Want For Christmas Is You" single.

Anyway, while I was typing this comment, this song came on YouTube, so I'm going to leave the link here...hope that doesn't get my comment blocked.

https://youtu.be/cEy6VCBtALs

Rish Outfield said...

BLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, since he was so recently taken from us, I want to remind you of when Norm McDonald was the news anchor of "Saturday Night Live," and said, "In other news, Mariah Carey has a new Christmas album out this week. Happy birthday, Jesus . . . I hope you like crap!"