Tuesday, November 16, 2021

November Sweeps - Day 654

It’s hard to believe how fast the days go by now--it’s already dark outside, and there’s four hours before I traditionally meet my cousin to get dinner or hang out.  I wish I could say I’d make good use of that time, but today wasn’t particularly valuable.

I’m not going to let that get me down.  We all have good days and bad days (I went to the storage unit and discovered more boxes have collapsed, and it was impossible to re-stack them, kind of like putting a sandcastle back together after it has dried.  When I finished getting things reasonably out of the way again, it was nearly dark outside, and I discovered I had gotten dust all over my shirt and pants).

No big deal, though: I vow to make tomorrow better than today.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In November: 1655

I looked over my Valentine’s Day Lara and the Witch story, to fill in the blanks and hopefully come up with a title for it.  The one I felt worked the best was “The People We Touch” or perhaps “The Lives of People We Touch,” which came from the slogan for an insurance company (“Guardian: Enriching the lives of the people we touch”).  It isn’t perfect, exactly, but it’s better than “Lara Valentine’s Story.”  That's the one I'll record next, if I can ever finish "Hatchling."

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In November: 1915

And it's possible I won't finish "Hatchling."  It's a novel, after all, and it is worse than anything I've ever written*, which is getting me down, not to mention that I keep finding internal inconsistencies (ranging from the state it takes place in--New Mexico or Arizona, to how the titular character is referred--it or him, to how I did the main character's voice--normal or California-y) that I feel the need to go back and fix.

Words Today: 1255
Words In November: 11,967

*Even worse than the story about the town in Oklahoma with the Rape Alarm that the family is warned about when they move in.  Yeah, you remember that one--a real winner.

No comments: