Friday, January 14, 2022

January Sweeps - Day 713

Sometimes I feel very, very old.  Do you?

For example, I was flipping through radio stations today (I dropped my mom off at her sister's, and was playing 9s and 10s to keep myself occupied), and I heard, for the first time, an Olivia Rodrigo knock-off song on the radio.  Either that's absolutely crazy, or it's been long enough that the copycats have already started to hit.  I just wanted to put that out there.

 Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In January: 1411

I am at the library again.*  I didn't make it yesterday or the day before, but I gave myself an extra half hour today.  Let's see if I can get a thousand words written.  Or, barring that, let's see if I can actually write on my Outpost story, instead of just surfing the internet and blogging, okay?

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In January: 1292

I mentioned in yesterday's post that we had a hard time figuring out the online forms to get paid for our stand-in work.  I had tried registering with the payment site the night before, but got an error (because I couldn't find my address in the pull-down menu to verify my identity).  On set, at the end of the night, a kindly accountant offered to stay and help all of us with our paperwork, spending the most time with poor Pamela, the older lady I had befriended during the day.  But when I tried to do mine, the addresses I had to choose from (to prove that it was me) were all incorrect.

He told me I'd have to call the Burbank office the next day, and have them figure out how to bypass that.  So I spent a little while on Friday sorting that out, trying it once more on my own before I called, and getting the same error.  Well, when I got someone on the line and told them what was up, he told me to go through the process with him over the phone . . . and my fudgin' address was right there, totally correct.

You HAVE to have had this happen to you before, right?  I call it "You call the plumber and the toilet flushes just fine," but it's intensely frustrating when it happens, especially when you've got a snarky gay receptionist intimating that you never actually tried the online process before this time.

Words Today: 651
Words In January: 8463


*You know how much I enjoy coming here, right?  But surely you've asked yourself, "Rish, why do you keep going there if there are crazy people and the system goes down and you lose the work and when you sat down at the cubicle tonight, there was a curly black pube on the chair waiting for you?"  And yes, Friendly Blog-reader, you've definitely got a point (especially about the pube, which is now on the floor, thank Bossk).

No comments: