Wednesday, January 05, 2022

January Sweeps - Day 704


Alright, let's get some effin' writing done.

Of course, I became instantly fixated on the fate of the California Grizzly Bear (the animal on their state flag), which went extinct in 1922.  I read about it (and the possibility of de-extinctifying it through science) instead of writing for about ten minutes.  I have a disease, I admit that.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In January: 500

I used to record videos about bad eBay experiences I've had.  Now, this one wouldn't really qualify for a YouTube video, but I sent a guy an action figure around Christmas time, and I guess I confused the envelopes, because the guy who bought an expensive figure got a cheap one instead.*  Well, the dude in question sent me an email, claiming I was a scam artist who did it on purpose (so I went radio silent for a day while I tried to contact the other buyer and see if he would switch back, and thought about whether it would be worth it to throw good money after bad and pay thirteen bucks to get the incorrect figure back) and issued a Not As Described dispute.  

So, I went ahead and approved a Return . . . but the buyer is in Canada (which is a whole other country), so I was unable to purchase a return shipping label from there to here.

I ended up giving the guy a full refund (including the shipping to Canada), plus he kept the incorrect figure.  Happy Saskatoonian New Year's.

Push-ups Today: 111
Push-ups In January: 481

A couple of minutes ago, a guy started ranting up here on the quiet floor.  "Why the fuck would you put me on fucking speaker if you didn't want to fucking talk to me in fucking public do you fucking think?"  I'm pretty sure that's word-for-word, but maybe I made it a bit more normal-sounding there.  I'm assuming he was on the phone, but it made me nervous to hear it, you know what I mean?  It made me decide to put a crazy person in the scene I was writing, though I had my guy quote non-existent song lyrics instead of the poetry the real-life guy was spouting.

Words Today: 614
Words In January: 2477

*And the guy who bought a cheap figure got an expensive one, and big shock--he wasn't about to complain about it!

No comments: