Monday, January 24, 2022

January Sweeps - Day 723

I just got to the library, with an hour to blog--WRITE, AN HOUR TO WRITE!!!!  I think I can finish "The Dark Gift" today, and it would be amusing to fit a "Joanie Loves Chachi" reference in there.  The trick (of my New Year's Resolution) will be to stick one in a story or book (technically, two stories or books, to achieve my goal), but in a semi-organic way, so it doesn't jump out as forced or particularly random.  Honestly, I've never been happier with one of my resolutions than I am with this one. 

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In January: 2405

Well, I failed once again.  I basically got no further than I was on Saturday, but filled in the gap between it being afternoon and evening.  I didn't manage any Scott Baio references, but I did put in a line about a Wilson Phillips song.  So that's somewhat of a success in my mind.

I wonder if my niece and nephews would have any idea who Wilson Phillips was.  And why does that make me sad?

Push-ups Today: 150
Push-ups In January: 2339

My four year old nephew sang "We Don't Talk About Bruno-no-no" today.  It pleased me.  I checked to see if any theaters were still playing ENCANTO, so I could see it properly, but I'd have to drive an hour away.  Still, I'm considering it.*

Only a week left in the month, so I really need to increase my number of push-ups each day (I set this goal in December to beat the amount from the month before, and I'm still trying to get that high).

Words Today: 601
Words In January: 14,084

*I was thinking about the movie today, and it occurred to me that there's no villain in the movie (except the killers in the flashback).  That seems pretty remarkable . . . unless you consider Abuela the villain.  And sure, that works for me.

No comments: