Tuesday, January 04, 2022

January Sweeps - Day 703


I'm afraid I took a Me Day today, which I shouldn't have done.  I had work to do, as soon as I woke up, but I put it off, went to an appointment, bought another ghost story anthology at the thrift shop (this one seems, once again, to be made up of old public domain stories, by familiar authors like Poe, Bearce, Guy de Maupassant, W.W. Jacobs, Wilkie Collins, and M.R. James*).  Then, I went home, made some soup, and meant to get back to work, but I didn't.  I watched YouTube videos until I dozed off, and when I opened my eyes again . . . it was dark.

Now, this is not entirely true.  I left my room and discovered it was just cloudy, and only four-something pm, but still, I felt like I had squandered quite a bit of the day (I had intended to edit audio when I finished with work, but I had never finished with work).  So, I started on what I should've done in the morning, and I'll admit that I was tempted at one point, to grab my laptop and watch more YouTube videos.**  So, I threw on my coat and went to the library, where I wouldn't have any YouTube to distract me (though there's still plenty available, such as Wikipedia and maps of New Zealand, and showbiz news--Seth Meyers apparently got COVID at the same time as Jimmy Fallon did).

I wrote a bit on the Outpost story, and it just crossed the forty-thousand word mark.  I looked at the outline I wrote for it in November of 2020, and I'm only at the halfway point of that (of course, I'd forgotten about a lot of that outline, so I feel like I'm much closer to 75%).

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In January: 400

Before I went to my cousin's house, I went to the store to buy milk for my nephews (they drink this lactose-free stuff that doesn't taste at all bad, the few times I've made a protein shake out of it).  At the checkout, I saw that two weekly magazines had Betty White 100th Birthday special magazines on stands.  Both of them did.  One of them said it was supposed to display until March.  For some reason, that made me uncomfortable.  Of course, if there was a magazine dedicated to the hundredth anniversary of the Teapot Dome Scandal, I wouldn't bat an eye.  Hmmmm.


Push-ups Today: 70 (I meant to do more, but forgot before going to bed)
Push-ups In January: 370

We watched "Book of Boba Fett," and it was pretty good.  I especially appreciated an appearance by Fixer and Camie, the friends of Luke from the deleted early scenes of STAR WARS.  Also, they showed an awesome-looking black Wookiee bounty hunter (Black Krrsantan) I would be thrilled to get a figure of.


Words Today: 687
Words In January: 1863

*It had "Casting The Runes" in there, as well as one I haven't read.

**I was watching a dramatization of Teddy Roosevelt's "goblin" story from his book "The Wilderness Hunter," and it opened a rabbit hole into all sorts of mysteries and disappearances and brushes with the supernatural.  

No comments: