Wednesday, January 12, 2022

January Sweeps - Day 711

I spent nearly an hour on a chapter of "Hatchling" tonight, since I didn't manage to get to the library (I'm working on a TV show tomorrow, and they made me drive more than two hours to get a COVID test), but it sure didn't translate to my word count (re-writing the same line of dialogue three or four times so it sounds more natural doesn't really count, apparently).  

Out in the middle of nowhere, some ambitious individuals built some sound stages where there would be no sound pollution or passers-by, and I had been there once before.*  Even though it took me more than two hours driving out there, my COVID test took up less than two minutes, then they told me I could go.  There's probably a life metaphor in there somewhere, but I can't come up with one right now.


My test was negative (and they still tested me the next day too, which seems like overkill . . . why make me come in and test if they were going to do it again on the day of the shoot?), but poor Biggie Anklevich told me yesterday that he's lost his sense of taste.  His first clue was when he started listening to Justin Bieber's new album by accident and didn't turn it off.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In January: 1211

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In January: 1092

Words Today: 375
Words In January: 7337

*The horrifying thing is, I believe I'd already been doing this daily blogging thing when I worked on it, despite it feeling like years ago . . . wow.

No comments: