Sunday, January 23, 2022

January Sweeps - Day 722

Last week, I woke up with no internet.  I couldn't get my laptop to connect, no matter what I tried.  My brother-in-law was watching football in the living room, so our cable wasn't out (I assume they have the same source), and I restarted my laptop, in case that would fix it, but it didn't.  So, I went down to the basement and unplugged the router for a few seconds, then plugged it back in.  And my laptop connected.

Well, that's the case right now.  I woke up and my laptop had turned off during the night (no big deal, except that all the audio files I had been editing last night were closed, and they took about ten minutes to reload (and every fifth time or so, one will become corrupted and I'll have to start over on it), and I can't connect to the net.  My morning alarm will go off in five minutes, and I guess I'll get up, get showered, and try to make something of myself . . . at long last.

Sit-ups Today: 150
Sit-ups In January: 2305

I didn't much want to go hiking today.  That ship has sailed.  But I believe I set it as one of my goals for the year, like last year, and the sun was shining today.

I didn't spend much time up there.  I should have been eager to hike around (maybe even record a Tales of eBay Horror video about the guy who said I sent him a broken item, then claimed it hadn't arrived), but I pretty much put on a forty minute YouTube video on my phone, listened to it, and when it was done, I was ready to go. 


At least I got a bit of footage of a frozen waterfall:


But like I said, I'm kind of over hiking for now.

Push-ups Today: 111
Push-ups In January: 2189

As far as "Hatchling" goes, I read half of Chapter 31 tonight (of 33 chapters), and found a place where I could split it into two.  Then I stopped, as I was out of recording space.  But I had been thinking of a bit I wished I had written earlier in the story, so I stayed sitting and briefly typed up the scene.  Then I found a place for it in the narrative, inserted it, and fleshed it out a little so it could be its own (short) chapter.  And that makes what I recorded tonight Chapter 32 (of 34).  I wish I had the ambition of just sitting at the desk, turning on the recorder, and going all the way through to the end of the book.  Then I'd publish it and move on (at least until these Daily Outcasts are finished, then I'd have to finish the audio editing and see if I couldn't publish that version as well).  I recall a year ago saying that 2021 would be the year of me publishing things, and I published almost nothing.  Instead, I wrote and blogged, but when I stop doing that in February, there will be nothing holding me back.  Right?

Words Today: 1138 (like that terrible George Lucas movie!)
Words In January:13,483



No comments: