Sunday, January 09, 2022

January Sweeps - Day 708

This was another of those days where I put off writing and exercise for as long as I could stomach it . . . and then I was tired and too sleepy to write.  When that happens, usually I am very unproductive, and when I look over what I've written later, I don't recognize it (though it's not usually terrible and/or unusable, like when I record audiobooks when sleepy).

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In January: 911

I wanted to tell you about the other night when I was driving to my cousin's house during a snowstorm.  Because of the condition of the roads, I arrived in his town really late, and everything food-wise but the 24 hour grocery store (which just opened) was closed.  So, I went inside to grab something to eat . . . and discovered nobody there.  The grocery store was empty.  There were no clerks, there were no customers, the lights were on, but no one was home.  I wondered if, perhaps, the store HAD closed, and I had misread the sign.  

But no, they were open, and after a minute of wandering around the produce section, I saw a couple of teenaged girls walk back to the front of the store, where they hung out at Customer Service, waiting for customers.  It was absolutely banal and uninteresting*, but I snapped a picture and it got my mind thinking about getting off on an exit in an unfamiliar town, and going into the market and finding it empty, then discovering that the entire town is empty (but like Roanoke in Virginia [or is it North Carolina?], there's evidence that people were just there, right before I arrived, such as a coffee pot still hot, or water in the top drain of a drinking fountain).


It may not amount to anything (Vegas odds are 75/25 against), but I like the idea, especially of someone thinking this is a great turn, and being able to steal all they want, until the big revelation comes, whatever that would be.

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In January: 892

Words Today: 268
Words In January: 5435

*Like most of the things I blog about.  

No comments: