Saturday, October 30, 2021

October Sweeps - Day 637


The kids went fishing (yet again--they went last night too) this morning, so there was silence in the house, and I considered recording, but there was actual work to be done, so I focused on that.  Then I threw a pizza in the oven, and while it cooked, I went out and raked leaves in the lawn, and then I ate the pizza, and as soon as that was done, I set up my microphone and started recording.

I got ten minutes in when my neighbor started up his leaf-blower.  The windows were closed, but it was intensely loud, so I did a bit of paperwork while I waited for him to finish.  The moment he was done, I fired up the recorder again, and got another three or four minutes in before the sound of a lawn mower next door started up, not as loud as the leaf-blower, but lower pitched and more rumbly.  It's been twenty minutes now, and there's no signs of stopping.*

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In October: 3138

I did go back to the recording a while after that, and before I had even sat down in my chair, my nephews got home from their fishing trip and were screaming and turning the television up loud, which I will admit made me push my microphone over.  It hit the wall, knocked a stack of Star Wars figures down, and then I stomped once on the microphone stand.  It's been a few hours since I did that, and I'm not proud of myself, but I feel I need to admit to the act, before any of you consider voting for me for mayor.

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In Octobre: 3546

It’s the Saturday before Halloween, and I hit the library as soon as I could, but since it closed early, I got very few words in.  Still working on my carnival story, but I have to admit that I don’t know where it’s going, and that is usually a bad thing.

Words Today: 471
Words In Octubre: 21,798

*Technically, it did stop, and I thought, "Alright, finally, let's see where I was in the recordi--"  And then, he started mowing in the front yard too.  Well played, adversary to accomplishment, well played.

No comments: