Friday, October 01, 2021

October Sweeps - Day 608

While I woke up before my alarm went off today (which is always the case), I didn't see the sunrise or have hours to work before my alarm went off.  I don't feel lazy or anything, I just didn't get up and get working at the break of day.  There's still plenty of time to get things done.  And even more if I decide to go home on Saturday instead of today.

Okay, I HAVE to finish my Will Choner story today.  Looking back over my word counts the last three or four days, as pathetic as they are, that's all it would take to be done with it.  And be able to move on to something else, or just stop writing altogether for a few days.

Sit-ups Today: 100

Push-Ups Today: 140

Alright, I've decided to stay another day.  It's getting dark right now, but the sky is an interesting yellow color that matches some of the leaves on the trees.  I drove over to the dam after doing three wheelbarrows of gravel (I got one whole section of the driveway "paved" now), just as it started to rain.  My mom often worries if I don't contact someone when I go to the cabin, worries that the white-faced woman or emaciated feral child of my imagination has got me, I guess, so I texted her that I'd come home on Saturday, and that I was only a half hour away from finishing my writing project.

Then, true to my word, I drove back here (not in the dark, for once), and sat down and finished up the story, which still doesn't have a title, but I did come up with a name for Will and Beth's (and Marcelus's, I guess, though he isn't in this story) lost item recovery service, Treasures Regained.  Allow me to feel a bit of pride in that for a moment, for tomorrow, my word count goes back to zero.

Along those lines, poor benighted Marshal Latham sent me a link to a writing contest for "weird Christmas stories," and I entertained the idea of writing one . . . until I read that the maximum word count was three hundred and fifty words.

350 words?  This blog post so far has been 339 words!

Words Today: 1057

1 comment:

Big Anklevich said...

350 words? I have farts that have gone on longer than that.

That doesn't make sense, but I'm standing by it.