Wednesday, October 13, 2021

October Sweeps - Day 620


Marshal Latham, months ago, suggested we watch a movie called THE SKULL (an Amicus production from 1965 with Peter Cushing in it) for Halloween.  I didn't care one way or the other, but here we are, right before the deadline, and I had never tracked it down (I believe it had been available to stream for free back when he suggested it, but no longer).  Luckily, Jeff's library in his town (we live in adjoining cities) had a copy, so he checked it out.

While we were watching, Jeff's dad came over, having dropped his granddaughter's car off at the shop and needing to wait.  He sat down on the couch and watched THE SKULL with us.  At one point, I looked over at the old guy, and saw this look of pained revulsion on his face.  I realized that, while Jeff and I can watch bad horror movies together and get a big kick out of it, this poor dude was in his own personal Hell, complete with pitchforks and Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes.  

His dad got a call that the car was ready, so he took Jeff's niece off to pick up her car at the shop.  Afterward, I mentioned the miserable look I'd witnessed to Jeff, and he said, "Oh, that had nothing to do with the movie.  That's just what my dad looks like all the time."  

I don't know if that's better or worse.

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In October: 1395

Push-ups Today: 111
Push-ups In October: 1578

I left writing to the absolute last minute (as usual), and even though it FEELS like I write a lot at two in the morning, the word count never equals what it was in my head.

Words Today: 690
Words In October: 9107

No comments: