Monday, October 11, 2021

October Sweeps - Day 618


Another week started.  It looks like I won't be able to go to the cabin this week.  Which isn't the end of the world, but I so, so enjoy it.

I spied this in the parking lot:

"Out on the road today, I saw a Meeseeks sticker on a mini-van."
--Don Henley

I keep hanging out with Jeff, who is in town for longer than he's ever stayed before.  He is usually so wiped out by jet lag (he claims that he wakes up between four and five am every single day, regardless of what time he goes to sleep, and I am reminded of several uncles who do the same thing . . . not sure what causes it) that he can't enjoy his visits, and since this cost so much (he hinted at the price to fly him and his wife over and back and it turned my right buttock white), he decided to double the amount of time he usually stays.

We've watched, I believe, four episodes of "Supernatural" together, having started the show about ten years back, and have now reached the mid-point of the Tenth Season.  At this rate, by 2030, we'll have finished the whole thing.

While we were watching together, he got a phone call from his mom, telling him that his aunt and uncle had been killed in New Mexico: they had pulled their car over on the side of the freeway and it had been struck by a truck.  This sort of call is hard to hear, but I think everybody gets one like it at some point in their life.  It put a bit of a damper on our enjoyment of the adventures of Sam and Dean Winchester.*

Sit-ups Today: 111
Sit-ups In October: 1184

Push-ups Today: 111
Push-ups In October: 1367

Words Today: 403
Words In October: 7510

*In hunting down a photo of the Winchesters to put up top (I was SURE I had already done one in the past, but I couldn't find it), I stumbled across a staggering amount of Sam/Dean slash-fiction.  It seems that everybody in this country, except for me, wants these two brothers to have sex with each other at some point in time.  It's so weird to find myself on the outside of some kind of kinky fetish like this.

1 comment:

Big Anklevich said...

"A little voice inside my head said, 'don't look back, you can never look back.'"