Tuesday, October 05, 2021

October Sweeps - Day 612

Here in town, the local movie theater chain does a five dollar Tuesday deal (they have for the last five or six years), so my cousin and I had decided to wait until tonight to see VENOM 2.  It opened on Friday to the biggest premiere of the pandemic (previous record-holder was BLACK WIDOW), and it got a--gasp!--almost good 60% on Rotten Tomatoes!

So I drove over with my nephew to get tickets (he had overslept his alarm on Monday, so he was grounded from going to any movies with me--and our tickets were for ten pm anyway, so I'd have said no even if he were my kid and I was in charge), and my cousin and I met at the theater at ten.

And guys, I know a 60 on the Tomatometer is significantly better than the 30% the first movie got, but hey, 60 is being pretty generous.  For such an ugly, meandering, unpleasant, and logic-free film, it astounds me that anybody liked it, let alone the vast majority of people I've heard from.  And my cousin, who admitted it wasn't great (but still enjoyed it), tried to defend the way Carnage looked in the movie, saying that was exactly as he'd seen the character drawn.  But dude, there was usually something charming and well-designed about Carnage in the books--this thing just looked like the Parallax turd from GREEN LANTERN had a baby with the Blob.  

The CG for Carnage was pretty excellent, though.  It's sure to get an Oscar nomination in 1997.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In October: 562

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In October: 690

As far as writing goes, I went to the library for the first time in a while, and pounded out a few words on my Christmas story.  I'm not saying they were good words, though.

Words Today: 1373
Words In October: 3333


No comments: