Saturday, October 09, 2021

October Sweeps - Day 616

I did hit the library today, but it was right before it was closing, and that was my own fault: I fell asleep while editing in the afternoon, and barely got any writing in because of it.  But that's my fault, not anybody else's.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In October: 973

I was disappointed to see that NO TIME TO DIE opened way below where I thought it would.  The studios always underestimate what their movies will do so they can say things "overperformed" or "did better than our wildest dreams," but this one was a fairly standard opening (not a bomb or anything), when I expected it to skyrocket, based, I guess, on how much I was looking forward to it (and based on how hugely VENOM 2 did).

But they say that 57% of Bond's audience was older, and the older you get, the less likely you are to go out to the movies, so I guess that's some kind of plausible explanation.

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In October: 1156

Words Today: 692
Words In October: 6514

No comments: