Monday, October 18, 2021

October Sweeps - Day 625

There was a Marvel Legends Spider-man figure from a few years ago (commonly referred to as "Pizza Spidey") that has become insanely valuable over the last five years.  I only had one left, a loose one I had used for various poses and pictures.  Well, I put it on the windowsill the other day, then forgot about it, but noticed it today:


It had fallen over and somehow had its head smashed in the closed window, preventing the window from fully closing, almost like it had been done on purpose.  Something tells me it's not worth a fortune anymore.

Sit-ups Today: 66
Sit-ups In October: 1861

For some reason, Jeff bought a horror trivia card game while he was here, and delighted in quizzing his daughter and son and daughter-in-law with the questions.  Three or four times when I came over, he grabbed the cards and did it, and I found the questions to be almost insultingly easy (“The town of Amity Island was terrorized by a killer shark in what 1975 blockbuster?”  “Anthony Hopkins won an Oscar for the portrayal of which character in The Silence of the Lambs?”  “What was the name of the cursed book in the Evil Dead series of films?”  "Name three people less attractive than Rish Outfield.  I'll wait."

I guess we have a similar background in horror, because I took a turn and asked the questions, and he could answer them all, except for the ones about 21st Century Horror films.  The only one that we both missed was, “Who was considered the very first Scream Queen?”  Jeff said Janet Leigh and I said Faye Wray, and the answer on the card was Jamie Lee Curtis.  Hmmm.

Push-ups Today: 66
Push-ups In Octobre: 2177

Darn, I just didn't get much done today, as far as my goals go.  But I'm about to sit down and record the first chapter (or two) of "Hatchling," which was one of my goals for October (and September too, but don't remind me of my failings).

Alright, I did it--got the first two chapters recorded.  And you'll not be surprised to discover I thought that they sucked.  But ah well, it really was the best I was capable of, so I'll make no apologies for it.

Words Today: 194
Words In Octubre: 10,853

No comments: