Friday, October 15, 2021

October Sweeps - Day 622

Hate to admit this, but I was sick during the night.  While I was doing my best to get it all in the toilet bowl, I asked myself, "Is this from riding spinny rides at an amusement park, more than twelve hours ago?"  I couldn't say.  But as soon as I'd thrown up, I felt better, and went back to sleep.

I did some audio editing last night, but started to fall asleep, so I got up and went in to do sit-ups and push-ups.  But when I opened the file to resume editing this afternoon, I can't make heads or tails of what I did last night.  It would seem that I started editing the Undecorated 7 file, and at some point mistakenly switched to Undecorated 8, but pasted it into the 7 master file.  My only option today was to listen from the beginning, and the second it went bad, to paste in the unedited file.  Plenty of wastes of time to go around, believe me. 

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In October: 1595

So, one of my goals for October was to get more sit-ups and push-ups in than I had in September.  Today marks the middle of the month, and I'm at 1495 and 1689, respectively.  In September, I managed 3185 sit-ups and 3633 push-ups, so by my math, I'm at 47% and 46% of my goal.  Not great, but not terrible (and definitely not an impossible task).

Push-ups Today: 111
Push-ups In Octobre: 1800

Jeff's favorite horror movie is HALLOWEEN, and he was all but insistent we go see the new one on its opening night (otherwise, I would've gone to the cabin after work today).  I felt strangely ambivalent about it, despite enjoying parts of the last one (which I refused to see because they called it "Halloween" instead of "Halloween Returns" or "Halloween 2018" or "Halloween: 40 Years Later"*), but hoo boy, I was sure glad I went, because it was insanely violent, with a bigger body count than any film in the franchise, except for the wonderful SEASON OF THE WITCH.

HALLOWEEN KILLS got terrible reviews, but I really had a good time.  For a Slasher film, it had (almost) everything you could've asked for.  It wasn't a great flick, but it was a great flick for me, for my friend, who I've seen literally scores of slasher movies with over the years.

As far as words go, I really have no way of knowing how many words I have for today.  I opened up three windows with WordCounter in them, and pasted each day's work (today's, tomorrows, and Sunday's), but my computer restarted, and only the second one was retained when I tried to restore my tabs.  This was one of those days when I got very little written, because I left it to right before I fell asleep (and this was after going to the movies, coming home, and exercising), and on my desktop computer, I've got two tabs open for recordings, one saying 194 words and one with 248.  I'm 90% sure I only got 194 on Monday (when I started on a new audiobook), so . . .

Words Today: 248
Words In Octubre: 9462

*Look, I've got very few moral qualms.  I found a five dollar bill on the ground at a gas station in Vegas, and gave it to my nephew instead of shouting, "Did anybody lose some money?!?" or trying to track down its owner.  I went to Walmart and bought three things, rice, donuts, and an action figure, and when I looked at the receipt, I was not charged for the rice, and I did not go back to the store to demand they ring me up for it.  But one of the things I absolutely will not do is go to a movie that is not a remake, yet is titled with the same exact title as an earlier installment in the franchise.  
I wouldn't do it when the THING prequel came out (called "The Thing"), I wouldn't do it when , I didn't have anybody to see the new CANDYMAN with (but I found out it was a remake after the fact anyway), and I regretted seeing THE SUICIDE SQUAD, when I should have stuck to my guns.  I'm sure I would've enjoyed seeing HALLOWEEN 2018 (although seeing it alone isn't so great), but I drew a line in the sand.  I'll have another chance to stand by my principles in January, as I just don't think I can bring myself to see SCREAM 5, because those unethical bastards are calling it "Scream."

No comments: