Monday, October 25, 2021

October Sweeps - Day 632

Last night, I COULD have recorded a couple more chapters of "Hatchling," which would've meant at least three hundred words of writing.  But I watched TV instead.  I had DVRed (I nearly typed "taped") "Saturday Night Live" over the weekend, and watched it, despite only thinking two sketches were funny.

Today is Monday, and usually I am inundated with work . . . but not today.  That's good for my laziness, but not good for my pocketbook.  Instead, I was thinking of doing my hike this afternoon, the one I've put off for two months now.  I downloaded a long podcast that I could listen to while hiking, and it's a cool day but not a cold one, so I should be fine to climb a mountain.

Sit-ups Today: 100
Sit-ups In October: 2605

I did my hike, even though the sky was grey and it was threatening to rain.  It was actually much easier this time than the last couple of times, because the sun wasn’t shining and it wasn’t at all hot today (it got up to the high sixties, before the storm clouds rolled in).  Even so, when I finally got back to my car, I was sweaty and smelled like I had hiked five miles instead of, I can’t remember, four?

While I was hiking, I saw a couple of astoundingly attractive people, and marveled as they went by, thinking, however briefly, that I was doing the same activity as they were, and that all men are brothers.

It started to rain as I drove back home, and I decided to duck into the library first, so I could get some writing in.  Instead, I jotted down an idea I had for a story (while walking), about a cursed old man who has to do a sort of walk of shame once a year in the village in which he lives.  The townsfolk spit and throw rocks at him, and the children quake with fear seeing him walk by, but the old man isn’t evil, he’s just me.

Unfortunately, that sort of thing doesn’t count as writing words, so insert farting noise here.

Push-ups Today: 100
Push-ups In Octobre: 3024

Ultimately, I did start the story, and got nearly a thousand words in, which is great.  I don’t know that the story is, but I know Marshal will appreciate it.

Words Today: 1011
Words In Octubre: 16,554

3 comments:

Big Anklevich said...

I think saying "taped" is more legit than saying "Digital Video Recordered".

Maybe you could just say recorded? I don't know.

Journey Into... said...

I am intrigued. Also, was one of the SNL sketches you liked "What's Up With That?" I was glad to see it come back.

Rish Outfield said...

It does amuse me the way Keenan Thompson interrupts his guests to do another verse of his theme song, even though it's the same thing every time.