Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Legacy Progress - Update

I had a list of fixes and re-lines Abbie sent me to do before I get paid.  I did a little count, and there are ten changes (only one of which made me want to go all orangutan and throw food, laptops, and dung at the wall), ten changes and the audiobook will be put to bed (except for the dedication at the start, which I told Abbie to record herself, for reasons unknown).  I will try to get them all recorded tonight, but might not edit them in until tomorrow night.  We'll see.

I've never been tempted to burn the library down before, even when that employee told me that it was haunted (I always meant to talk about that on a podcast, but never did).  But today I got an overdue notice for the book I tried to return on Friday, only to discover that the library was closed between Thursday and Monday, and the book return drops had all been locked up too.

As far as exercise goes, I went on my full run last night, despite it being in the thirties, and it didn't even seem all that cold (running probably does that).  But tonight, it was twenty-five degrees out, and man, it was just too cold for me.  I only made it half a mile before slinking back like a kicked dog (a shivering, kicked dog), but since I make the rules, it still counts.


I keep telling Big that, as soon as this audiobook is finished, I'll start writing again.  But what should I write?  I had an idea for a Christmas story last week, but have done nothing with it.  I last worked on a Lara & the Witch story where Lara takes Holcomb's place through a spell that makes her look like the witch, and got close to finishing it (like, within eight or ten pages), but then abandoned it.  I could grab that and get it done.  Abbie suggested I finally write "The Sins of a Sidekick," which was the Ben Parks story where he takes up with a wise old preacher . . . who seems to know less about the Bible than an eleven year old orphan boy, and that story is probably six years overdue, so I could try that.

Oh, and there's that darn Thanksgiving Star Wars sketch I had vowed to get written, recorded, and edited this month . . . but it still sits unfinished.  We'll see which, if any of those, I choose.

No comments: