Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Legacy Progress - Day 22

I meant to re-record Chapter 20 yesterday, but I lost my recorder.  It was a whole ordeal, and I don't know if I should waste your time with the story or not.*  Long story short, I couldn't find the recorder until this afternoon, but I sat down and got the chapter done, as well as relines for Chapters 24 and 32, in less than a half hour (heck, I was able to insert the relines and edit Chapter 20 in the same hour).

I even managed a second chapter by the end of the day.  Not long now.

*I had taken my recorder with me in the car, intending to record for my Patreon address, but I started talking to Big Anklevich on the phone, and never got to it.  Later, as it was getting dark, I couldn't find the recorder, and suspected I'd left it at the storage unit somehow.  I drove over there, doing inventory for ten minutes or so before it was too dark to continue, but didn't find the recorder.  Obviously, I'd taken it out of the car and put it on my desk where it belonged.  Except it wasn't there.
I looked through the car, sifting through bags, pretty sure I had put it in a bag when I first carried it out to the car, but it wasn't there.  So, when it came time to do my relines that night (when everyone had gone to bed and it was quiet), I couldn't do it, and instead boxed up loose junk and inventoried it in the living room.
I drove back to the storage unit when I got up, sure I'd accidentally dropped it somewhere, but for the life of me, I couldn't remember what had been in that bag I had stuffed it in.  It wasn't anywhere that I looked, and I was about to give up--even going so far as to close the door and start to lock it again--but I remembered I had sold something (Stilt-man's Torso piece), so I opened it up again and made my way to the back to grab it . . . and there was a bag with a couple of loose, worthless figures I had decided not to bother with two nights before, and sure enough, the recorder was below them.  Two birds with one ston--well, it was several stones by this point.

No comments: