Sunday, November 19, 2023

Legacy Progress - Day 20

Another two steps forward* and one step back day--last night, I went to open Chapter 20, and couldn't find it.  It had been one of those four chapters (along with Marshal Latham lines) that I'd recorded without plugging in the big microphone (now that I think of it, Marshal would've been fine with less-than-stellar audio, since they don't have clean audio up in Idaho).  But before I left for the cabin this week, I had sat myself down and recorded four chapters again (with the mic plugged in) so I'd have plenty to edit while I was there.

But my recorder is running super low on space, since it has dozens of chapters and never-to-be-used short stories on it**, so I tend to have to delete chunks of them every time I go to the cabin (usually, my habit is to leave the audio on the recorder until I have put out the episode/sent Abbie the file, so if there is a glitch or an error discovered, I still have the original to fall back on), and that is what I did . . . except that I seem to have deleted Chapter 20's re-recording too.

So, we're now here:


On the bright side, I've been blogging again every day for three weeks.  And since I'm back in that mindset, I think of things I'd like to mention in my blog every single day . . . except I rarely remember to include them once I get in front of the computer again.

But last night, before I fell asleep, I opened Chapter 20 to make sure that I had re-recorded it, and I didn't recognize it.  So, it would seem, there had been FIVE chapters that were unusable, and I'd only re-done four.  That made me feel better somehow.


*Actually, only a single step forward, but don't depress me with math.

**To save time, I tend to read from my two books of ghost stories (one British and one American) aloud, with the recorder going, so that, if I like it, I've already got it to use on the show.  Unfortunately, more than half of those stories I do not like, so they never get edited or put out.  Fun, huh?

No comments: